BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Telepathic chickenf leave no tracef. Turkey lurky goo-bye!
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 09:38:58 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/98 4:28:56 PM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

>  I seriously considered higher education and
>  found, through a friend, the historic preservation program at Columbia.  I
> met
>  the inestimable Professor James Marston Fitch and decided that this was the
>  professor and the place for me.

Fitch must have been a remarkable teacher.  One of my close friends studied
with him in the early years of the Columbia HP program, and it changed his
life as well.  The recent video that Columbia HP students made of him made a
big impression on me, especially his respect for the grass roots activist --
someone he still regards as the lifeblood of preservation efforts in the US.

Mary K