BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Telepathic chickenf leave no tracef. Turkey lurky goo-bye!
Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 15:18:53 -0400
Now if this doesn't combine any number of my interests, I don't know what
does....  I'm so excited that they are going to restore Bucky's Dymaxion
house, I probably won't be able to sleep all night.  Wonder if they will
park a Dymaxion Car out front?

>From: Jim McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Museum-L'" <[log in to unmask]>,
>        "'preservation-l'"
>Cc: Clara Deck <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Position Annoucement - Restoration Coordinator-Henry Ford Museum
>       & Greenfield Village
>Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 14:16:25 -0400
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>
>This announcement is being posted to multiple lists, please excuse the
>duplication.
>
>Position re-post - application deadline is May 20th.
>
>Restoration Coordinator - Dymaxion Project
>Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village
>deadline: May 20 1998
>
>HFM & GV seeks a Restoration Coordinator for a three-year contract
>position.  The Restoration Coordinator will be responsible for the
>execution and supervision of conservation activities related to the
>restoration and re-erection of R. Buckminster Fuller's Dymaxion Dwelling
>Machine. Built around 1946 out of aluminum, plexiglas and plywood, the
>Dymaxion house will be erected on its original mast inside Henry Ford
>Museum.
>The restoration of this prototype "house of the future" will present a
>unique opportunity for an individual with good organizational skills and
>advanced problem solving abilities. The restoration will require repair
>and patching of cast and sheet aluminum, as well as the fabrication of
>missing parts. The built system will be tested for safety.
>Requires a B.A. in Engineering, Architectural Conservation, Architecture
>or equivalent and experience in metals fabrication related to buildings,
>transportation or aerospace technology. The position also requires at
>least 5 years in the construction/preservation trades, with some project
>management/supervision experience.
>Submit resume, cover letter and 3 references to Human Resources, Henry
>Ford Museum & Greenfield Village, P.O. Box 1970, 20900 Oakwood Blvd.,
>Dearborn, MI 48121-1970; fax: 313-982-6237; Email: empolyment@hfmgv,org
>E.O.E.

Dan Becker,  Executive Director       "Conformists die, but
Raleigh Historic                                 heretics live on forever"
Districts Commission                                   -- Elbert Hubbard