RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:26:04 -0400
Ben,

>It's wonderful that you recognize our differences; I hope that you'll also
>recognize that we should not all be held to your bias against meat.

I have a myriad of reasons as to why I don't eat meat, and I don't see how
it could benefit me. No need to go into all the reasons here; as a debate
would be likely to ensue, and those really get us nowhere.

>And I personally feel that it's risky _not_ to eat raw meat of any kind.  As

I don't see that having any truth to it. Many people are life-long and
healthy vegetarians. Here are two 100% raw examples: The Essenes, and also
Norman Walker. They both consumed raw dairy, but no meat, etc.. The Essenes
have been known to live very long and in great health. And Dr. Walker was
very healthy and lived well over 100. There are other examples as well
(would have to dig through my books, etc.)

>Don't get me wrong, I'm not attempting to convert you to be a raw meat eater --
>but I'm certainly letting you know that your "raw meat is impure" attitude is
>fine with me, as long as you realize that there are many of us who achieve
>greatly improved health by using all raw animal products, including dairy, eggs,
>_and_ raw meats, including fish.

I am not biased against vegetarian sources of raw animal protein, and I use
them myself. What I would need to see from you is some type of "proof" that
raw meat is NECESSARY, and not just used due to a "belief" that it is of
value/necessary.

Later,

Wes