RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:04:38 +0200
Ellie Rotunno wrote:

> You are right, of course, but in the meantime what can we do but try to
>take advantage of what looks like healthier ways of eating.

I agree. My philosophy is as follows: diet is part of "complimentary
medicine", but not a substitute. Pursue whatever treatment you
consider necessary; don't base any decision to discontinue treatment
on an inconsiderate hope that your diet will be an efficient cure (of
course, excessive treatments can be harmful, but modern medicine can
save your life under extreme circumstances). But do try to improve
diet and lifestyle: if it doesn't help, at least it can do no harm,
and will improve overall quality of life. And if it does help, then
treatments might become unnecessary.

On the other hand, while I doubt that any diet can claim high success
rates of remission from cancer (i.e. significantly higher than a
placebo), I do believe that diet and lifestyle are the best
prevention: proof is that some populations are virtually cancer-free.

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>