RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 17:10:45 -0400
> Roberta J. Leong, LAc <[log in to unmask]>
> >Is this officially a veggie group?

> Tom:
> I'm not the moderator or list-owner, but it is my understanding that this
> list is open to all raw diets, and those with interest in such diets -
> discussions of both veg and non-veg raw diets are common here.  The
> predecessor of this list was vegetarian, but the current list welcomes
> any/all raw diets.

Tom's understanding, as well as others, is correct on this issue.
Discussion on all aspects of all raw diets is quite welcome on this
list, providing the exchanges are civil, and accountable. Differences
in positions will inevitably occur, but we can at least show respect and
dignity in disagreeing. As far as accountability goes, it is one
thing to state that one believes a certain position to be true, versus
making outright claims that such arguments represent absolute truths,
without providing evidence to support such claims - the latter being
a form of fanaticism which Tom also referred to in his post.

Let's keep the good discussion on all aspects of raw food forthcoming.

Regards,

David