RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki Dorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:01:43 -0400
Vicki:
>>>Well, I have to strongly disagree with you.  It is _by far_ the best
>>>raw foods diet book I've read.  I guess it's one of those things, you
>>>either love it or you hate it.  I, as well as many, many friends,
>>>love it!

Peter:
>I and most of the people I know who have read it consider it not only
>the worst book on raw foods but also one of the worst books they have
>ever read.

As it says in the book, "The truth always has enemies."

>Vicki:
>>>I had the pleasure of meeting the three NFL boys at the San Francisco
>>>Living Foods Expo last June and they were extremely positive and
>>>downright delightful, as well as very good-looking!

Peter:
>They are indeed good-looking, positive and friendly in person. And by
>trying to promote a diet (the fruitarian) that has wrecked the health
>of so many people, they are in need of every bit of it. :-/

Fruitarian?  I didn't get that out of the book at all.
Sure, it's a fruit based diet, but certainly not 100% fruit!
They classify anything which contains the seed within itself for regeneration
of the plant as a fruit, so obviously a "high-fruit" raw-plant food diet is
inevitable, unless one is eating high quantities of sprouts.

>Vicki:
>>>What you believe to be "an open and honest discussion of raw foods,"
>>>I see as mere hypochrondria and superstition.

Peter:
>I see no sign of this. On the contrary I see Tom as the Ralph Nader of
>raw foods who deserves a lot of appreciation for his tireless work to
>get the raw foods movement out of the dark ages it has been in for so
>long.

I agree, but instilling negativity, fear, and doubt of raw foods does no good
to people who are trying to get over the hump.
He is dire need of some Tony Robbins audio tapes!
Or perhaps David Wolfe's motivational tapes that are even better than Tony
Robbins' tapes in my opinion.

Love Vicki