RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 05:35:11 -0700
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>:
>On the issue of strengthening one's digestion: I suppose both cooked
>foods and fruits (to a smaller extent) could weaken the digestive
>system.  How exactly does one define a weak digestive system (what has
>happened to it), and what might the signs be of one?

Tom:
In the context of eating high water content food, the typical sign of weak
digestion is that the food one eats passes through the body and comes
out in the fecal matter, looking the same as when it went in. The
food shows no signs of being "burned" by the digestive fires.

Other signs of a weak digestive system, can include flatulence (gas),
indigestion, constipation/diarrhea, and so on. (But these can be
signs of other things, like eating foods not suited to you.)

Regards,
Tom Billings