RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:15:14 -0400
Walter:
> Have you ever fasted before?  Maybe you should try it.  Surely the above
> won't correspond to your limited experience, if you don't try it.

I have fasted 10 days, just before switching to raw nutrition in
Nov 1996 (I am now 25 yrs o)

My limited experience is that I lacked energy, muscular strength,
felt very cold and was unwilling to make physical efforts (but
the beneficial aspects were that I became less nervous and sweated
less). Then, as it is difficult to regain weight with raw food if you
have a history of cooked food eating, during 2 months I was 7 kg
below my normal weight, felt weak, ate far too much and was in permanent
fear of lacking protein. I also felt akward in my new body, and
wasn't too happy to watch my emaciated face in the mirror. But, in a
sense, as I had a feeling of well-being (even though it was
difficult to engage in a strenous exercise), that encouraged me to
continue my raw ood experiment.

Nevertheless, the positive aspect is that I didn't have any cooked
food cravings, and, overall, I never regreted the path I have followed
so far.

I have received by e-mail a few testimonies about fasts (20-30 days),
and some were quite negative (but I repeat that everyone is different).

> >However, IMO, it is quite plausible that a cooked food eater will benefit
> >from fasting, [rest deleted]

> With these "IMO"s I'm sensing subjectivity. :-)

Or lack of scientific evidence.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis