RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denis PEYRAT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 10:50:00 +0100 (GMT)
Zephyr
> So Kirt we must learn to dwell in the radient pleasure of beingness so we
>don't  seek pleasure, already feeling unhappy, in food.  Maybe the error is in
>seeking pleasure in food, instead of dwelling in pleasure prior to that.

>That food is pleasurable and that is our litmus test is different than
>seeking for it from prior dissatisfaction.  So how do we access that
>prior, (probably already always present and available), feeling of
>satisfaction or bliss in being?

Denis (thanks to the litmus test, i've learned a new expression.. for the
french lurker : litmus test  reaction au papier de tournesol et par
extension "test decisif"... )

Do you remember that I commended you for that a while ago ? That sentence
rang a bell in my mind  : it reminded me  something I had read in an very
old philosophy book a few months ago. I went back to my shelves and picked
up the book for you. It took me some time to find the right paragraph in the
400+ pages but here it is :

(translated from german to  english by dpeyrat and mapeyrat )

"As soon as mankind makes clear to itself that this  relish is similarly
related to the preceding UNEASINESS as the remission of pains to the
tortures of the rack (...) so soon will it too enjoy those victories over
WANT as little as the racked enjoy the relaxation of the cords."

Then the discussion goes on, citing Petrarch 's "Mille Piacer non vagliono
un tormento"  on the question of whether pleasure can be a efficient
countervailing equivalent to pain. If as a matter of fact a pain can never
be balanced by any degree of pleasure, a world in which pain and sorrow
occurs repeatedly is, "under all circumstances and with ever so much
preponderating happiness", worse than none...

Cheers
denis