RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Steven M. Serisky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:23:15 -0500
Hi all,

The other day I went to the natural food market that I shop at (Fresh
Fields).  They did not have any Pines products (I had wanted to try their
barley and wheat grass powder).  While I was looking on the shelf I saw
"Spirulina" (Earthwise brand). Spirulina has lots of nutrients in
it....especially of note is the B12 (160 % of RDA).  There are no
additives.   It is ecologically grown and certified pesticide free.  They
use mineral rich water in a remote area of California.  I decided to try
it.

When I got home I mixed it with fresh carrot juice.  It actually tastes ok.
 It has kind of a seaweed type taste to it (well it is algae).

I now do not have to worry about B12 anymore.  I have still been eating
cereal (has B12) with almond milk sometimes for dinner.  I can now phase
that out of my diet because the Spirulina has B12.  Primarily because of
the cereal and almond milk I have been about 85 % raw.

I am still going to order the Pines Barley grass and use that in
conjunction with the Spirulina (switch off between them).  I also like the
"Greens & More" by Earth Source.

Steve

P.S. I haven't checked it out yet but Earthwise has a web site at:
http://www.earthrise.com