RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Steven M. Serisky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 03:14:14 -0500
Hi Peter,

Thanks for responding to my question.  Cholesterol was my main concern when
I decided to stop eating eggs (cooked) about a year ago.  Around that same
time was when I stopped eating dairy as well. I have been vegetarian for
about two years.  I have been eating more and more raw vegetarian food for
the last 2 months.

I have never tried raw eggs before and will have to do more research on
cholesterol before I decide whether I want to try them or not.  I have
trouble seeing myself trying other RAF (seafood might be an exception),
although I do remember munching on raw chop meat when I was a kid.  It
seems that the longer I am a vegetarian the less appealing meat is.  I
think that I'll have to try a raw vegetarian diet a little while longer and
see if it works.  I am interested in being as physically fit and healthy as
I can.  I still have more things to try suchas growing my own sprouts.

btw, I am a strict vegetarian primarily for health reasons (I recently
decided not to use the term "vegan" because of the connotations connected
with it, plus vegan is considered a way of life free from -all- animal
products; I still wear leather shoes, etc).

Steve

P.S.  I'll see if the books that you quoted from are at the library.

P.S.S. thanks Kirt for the cholesterol stats.