NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barb Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:53:36 -0600
Angela Alvarez <[log in to unmask]>

Is there a way I can test at home with a lower risk? Like a skin test or
something?

Hi Angela

I wouldn't do another test for about 6 months. I keep hoping that my
daughter will outgrow her allergy, but everyone I've talked to say that the
only chance I have of her outgrowing the allergy is to keep her away from
the milk totally. I test her by giving her an extremely small dose of a milk
product... usually something that contains a small amount of whey powder.
(She has an imediate reaction, with a red rash, if she comes into contact
with the milk products). If I were you, I'd wait the 6 months, then try
something small.... and keep an antihistimine close by and ready to
administer at the first sign of a reaction.

Best of Luck

Barb Miles

Check out the Goldenhar Syndrome Support Network at:http://i.am/bbds.page

To Join the Goldenhar Syndrome Mailing
list:http://www.listbot.com/subscribe/Goldenhar

To Contact me immediately, Check out my ICQ Web
Pager:http://wwp.mirabilis.com/2644169