NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:53:24 -0800
On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:39:30 -0800 Cherie Moore <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>The simplest solution: keep breastfeeding. Cow's milk is not necessary
at 1

While the second part of that statement may be true, for us, the first
part is not.  I have been sacrificing medication that I need for
migraines in order to breastfeed this long.  The sustained hormone hell
has exacerbated them.  My daughter will be much better off with a sane
and pain free Mommy than with continued breastfeeding.  Prolonged
breastfeeding is NOT always the answer due to many factors.  The entire
family has to be taken into account and not just single out one member.
I will have given her over a year of breastfeeding which is far more than
most of the other mom's I know.  At this point, it's important for me to
be able to manage the pain and give the quality attention that she
deserves.

Kathy

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]