NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 22:55:18 -0600
M. Steiner wrote:

> Lets change it!  It would be great to start a letter writing campaign about
> it.
> The other problem is:  We change the law, but who enforces it?

I am on a one woman campaign to call and harrass every company I find
who has done this and then to get the word out not to buy their
products.  I try very hard to let individuals know about these companies
- unfortunately you can't really do that over the internet.

Call their 1-800 numbers and raise a good long stink.  That way it costs
'em money.  Follow up with several more calls or have your friends call
too.  Bes ure to tell them that you feel they are practicing deceptive
labeling even if they may be following the spirit of the law.  Call your
food co-ops and health food stores and tell them too (maybe they will
pull the product or call the company to complain too).  I have had
wonderful success within my little corner of the world.

--
Kathy Wentz              I've never had a humble opinion in my life.
[log in to unmask]      If you're going to have one, why bother to