BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Telepathic chickens leave no traces.
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:56:29 EDT

> If only it were so. Unfortunately "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" did make it
>  out of the box.
>  William S. Burroughs in one of his last roles (did you know that
>  he had at least 17 film acting credits, including "Twister"?).

"Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" was a lousy movie, to be polite.

I was not aware that William S. Burroughs was in that many movies. I remember
his role in "Heavy Petting" as the producer was one of our customers. I
actually found the film in our LI video rental shop... NOT the clean
Blockbuster, but the kinky place that was there before, the one with great
science fiction and foreign films. I enjoyed "Naked Lunch" on film. It made me
consider re-reading the book. My family was not so sure about my sanity in
wanting to eat popcorn while watching it at home on a Saturday afternoon.
Burroughs was in Tangiers typing up his short narratives on a sheet of paper
then throwing them on the floor behind him in a mess, and then starting to
type another one. Ginsberg came along picking the sheets up and fashioned them
into a book.

][<en Follett