BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sbmarcus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Telepathic chickens leave no traces.
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:50:32 -0400
Pam wrote-

> Seeing as Tim Robbins is one of my favourite authors, I'd say we should
> induct him into the Free Pissers Union and introduce him to Gab & Eti.
His
> writing style reminds me a lot of Ken's over the years.  So, which book
is
> being turned into a film?  There was one in the works a few years ago but
> apparently stopped mid-production (I think it was "Even Cowgirls Get the
> Blues").

If only it were so. Unfortunately "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" did make it
out of the box. It was directed by Gus Van Sant (who redeemed himself with
"To Die For" and is riding tall in the saddle with "Good Will Hunting", but
neither excuses the awful mess he made of "Cowgirls...") and wasted an
incredible cast including Uma Thurman, John Hurt, Carol Kane and even Ken
Kesey and William S. Burroughs in one of his last roles (did you know that
he had at least 17 film acting credits, including "Twister"?).

No Tim Robbins fan could wish for anything more devoutly than to have not
known of the existence of this thing.

Bruce