BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 10:15:30 +0000
I Feel Spooky

I got a call on Friday from the location manager doing a Tim Robbins
movie who asked if I would work with him on removal of a balcony railing
of an apartment on Riverside Drive (earlier in the week I got to
cogitate over a balcony railing overhanging an Alexander Calder sidewalk
- a rather static mobile) so that 1) he can get a close up shot into the
apartment for a 1920's vintage re-creation of a celluloid fantasy and 2)
that I would then restore and re-set the iron railing in a manner, in
real-time, appropriate to the pre-1920's historic fabric, when all the
play acting is done. I love these baroque recursive plots with fuzzy
logic that blurs the lines of sanity. The task requires my negotiating
with the location manager and the owner of the apartment. I'm meeting
the location manager on the site on Monday. I have to bring my portfolio
of professional credentials, yeah, right. Since this fellow had the good
sense to seek out a preservationeer possibly I should induct him into
PIN, or, considering it is Tim Robbins, may I opt for the Free Pissers
Union? Gab & Eti will be in tow.

][<en