BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Telepathic chickens leave no traces.
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 11:19:25 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/98 8:43:56 AM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> I think it
>  important that we all get to know each other, or whatever. Handles are
>  easy, empathy is work.

Trust Ken to open an interesting line of inquiry.  It is always interesting to
find out how other people's paths have brought them to this list and, for me
at least, it helps in understanding their points of view and interests. So
here goes:

I have my own historic preservation consulting firm based in New Jersey, and
have an MS in HP from Columbia Univ.  I am also a member of the NJ and DC
bars, but do not currently practice law. I am former Executive Director of
Preservation New Jersey, Inc. (non-profit preservation statewide org).  I am
currently on the Board of the Advocates for New Jersey History (a consortium
of diverse groups from the state's history and preservation communities) and
the Preservation Committee of the NJ League of Historical Societies. I am
Chair of a local preservation commission (where we are having a tough time
with property rights advocates -- sound familiar?) and on the Board of the
local historical society.

My firm's practice is focused on architectural history, NR nominations,
cultural resource assessments, preservation planning, adaptive use, and
helping clients get through the preservation regulations, standards, and
guidelines that affect their projects.

The HP community is so diverse -- crafts & trades, architectural design and
history, engineering, law, planning, PR, real estate development, investment,
and advocacy.  How could anyone not love this stuff!

Lately, work has allowed me only to hit the "forward" button on some of the
various stuff that winds up in my mailbox, which I hope is not boring you all
to death. I hope to get back to actual thoughts soon.

Mary Krugman
Mary Delaney Krugman Associates, Inc.
Montclair, NJ
973-509-2153