BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 09:02:38 EST
I thank everyone for the info on tile search and have forwarded it
accordingly. Following is the message I received to initiate the request:

"We are building a home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright's Chief Architect,
John Howe. Mr. Howe passed away before the details could be worked out.
Problem: Fireplace hearth was spec'd as quarry tile 8x8 and 3 inches
thick. Since Mr. Howe was an elderly man, we are hoping you have come in
contact with this product somewhere in your restoration work. If so,
please let us know where to locate same. We've been searching for
months."

I'm not sure what the deceased Mr. Howe's age has to do with my current
ability to interact with the world unless the tile was something Mr. Howe
remembered from his historic youth, of which one of us would be aware, or that
I have a special knowledge of elderly men.

][<en