RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Paul W. Reynolds" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:17:44 -0400
Ellie (and all),

This thread has generated some mixed emotions.  However, I have no reason
to disbelieve that certain individuals +have+ cured their individual
cancers through various regimens; probably someone else following basically
the same program would not have the same success. I'm sure that no two
individuals or dis-eases, whatever the name given, are the same.

My ability to suspend disbelief when, say, reading the case history Gerry
posted is based in my own personal experience. If I tried to explain the
dramatic health improvement I had a couple of years ago after a
detox/healing crisis following a mercury detoxification (the symptoms
becoming +much+ worse then improving dramtically as the body cleared out
toxins), it would be hard for someone following a 'conventional' paradgm to
believe. Yet my difficulty long-term in fully overcoming my health
problems, which are less severe than cancers, gives me respect for what
formidable problems cancers or any chronic conditions can be and that often
when the immune system has weakened to a certain point, disease may be
beyond the reach of nutrition intervention (but--- just maybe, sometimes,
for particular individuals, NOT, if the nutritional change is accompanied
by a certain detoxification regimen and/or change in
outlook/attitude/thinking etc.).

>when emotions are
repressed, toxic neurochemicals accumulate in the brain and interfere
with the immune system and every system in the body.<

This is the chicken or egg thing; It works both ways. My experience
resulting from addition of external toxins are added to the body, (not only
mercury but many years ago a chemical poisoning in chemistry lab in
college) has been besides physical symptoms, emotional disturbance. The
result has been a 'caged in' feeling, related to liver weakness, and
emotional instability, tendency towards irritability and anger that is
difficult to express or understand, and trouble making decisions. To the
degree that toxins can be cleared, the 'caged in' feeling is lessened and
replaced by a feeling of cleanliness and liberation, along with lessening
of physical symptoms. But, true enough, for the best results whatever the
disease condition one should address more than the physical.

>There is nothing mentioned in this article about whether the fats were
processed or cooked. Don't you think it is too soon to judge diets such
as high RAW fat diets that appear to be effective in reducing cancer and
other diseases?<

I'm not holding my breath for a major study specifically on the effects of
raw animal fats, though... I suspect though certain ones may be of great
benefit. I another message you  mentioned Aajonus... again I have mixed
feelings... while personally I have read his book and incorporated some of
his ideas for a couple of months with some modest benefit, and while I can
imagine certain individual successes occurring including his own personal
success, I simply can't imagine his program bringing, what was it he wrote,
238 out of 240 cases of cancer into remission within 9 months. This truly
would be earth-shattering if true but I can't accept it without something
close to  proof. Also, interestingly, Aajonus makes a point about never
'forcing' detoxification, yet the Gerson program with its extensive enemas
does the opposite! (Despite my skepticism I find Aajonus fascinating, and
I'm not one to throw the baby out with the bathwater).

Paul