RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:47:51 -0700
7bit
From:
"Roberta J. Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

I have never heard of a "Vitamin O."  What you describe sure sounds like
an oxygen supplement to me though.  They are not new.

Of course for a normal person some exercise that stimulates you to
breathe deeply (another plus of doing qigong) will pump oxygen into your
body.  That usually feels quite good.

For abnormal people, an oxygen supplement can sometimes help them feel
more well.  Out of curiousity I have tried Aquagen and some of these
other oxgyen supplements.  You add a dozen drops or so into a cup of
water and drink it, and you'll feel a mild change shortly, you know,
just the feelings as if you've been breathing deeply after a workout.  I
think it is okay for some people.  For example, people who suffer from
asthma or poor circulation the oxygen supplement is helpful.

I am quite negative on most supplements, but neutral about oxygen
supplements, and don't really see them as harmful as I do most
supplements since it seems they wouldn't make your body toxic like some
things will.  I would hardly consider it a detox item though, and it is
very definitely not a vitamin.  If someone is selling an oxygen
supplement as a new vitamin they're going to be caught by the FDA
eventually - If the supplement is not an oxygen supplement, it sounds
like another gimmick to me.  On the other hand oxygen supplements are
very interesting and I think if any research is done it will show they
have some positive effects, and little or no negative ones.

regards

roberta