RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 15:32:36 -0400
From:
Vicki Dorn <[log in to unmask]>
Tom:
>I disagree that nature is perfect. Nature is a series of trade-offs, in
>which animals struggle to survive long enough to reproduce. In general
>terms, nature wants to kill you - via bacteria, viruses, predation,
>starvation.  Again, nature simply IS - best not to elevate it to
>the level of presumed perfection.

Now I see it...it's very clear now.
The main difference between you and the NFL boys is this:
You think nature is out to destroy you, and the NFL boys think that nature is
conspiring to do them good.
Negativity vs positive thinking in action.
In one of their videos, NFL calls this phenomenon an "inverse paranoid" --
someone who believes that nature is conspiring to do them good.
Hey, it takes just as much energy to be an inverse paranoid than to be a
paranoid!
I don't really think that you know what NFL is all about.
I asked them why they wrote their book in such a confrontational manner.
They said something to the effect that a book is a cold medium -- it's not
interactive, so it's you against yourself.
The book is like a mirror...what you get out of it is a reflection of
yourself, whether it be good or bad.
The book was specifically designed to cause emotion -- to get you to think,
to get you to face your fears, preconceived ideas, and biases.
Bottom line: my life has improved 10 times since I have read their book -- it
opened my eyes -- no other book has done that to such a great degree.
I can see why some people may not like it though.
If I am indeed just an NFL pawn, I'd much rather be a pawn on the side of
success, happiness, and positive thinking, unlike some people on this list.

Love Vicki