RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 12:26:23 -0700
From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
>((Using vitamin C as an example is kinda funny since it is destroyed by
>heat (isn't it?) so such a lost ability ties us to need at least some raw
>food in the diet. I'll always remember the gradeschool story about the old
>seafarers delighting in scarfing down raw potatoes after a long on salted
>meat and beer--or something like that.))

Then there's the story of John Smith's landing in Virginia with nearly all
on board suffering from scurvy. When they landed the men rushed out and
began eating green leaves and one of the party recorded the results. They
ate the leaves of one of the datura plants and for 11 days they each had
their individual journeys (acc to the recorder) like one blowing a feathers
in the air for 11 days etc. Welcome to America.

Kind Regards,
http://www.sheilas.com