RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:20:19 -0400
From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Martha:

> Any juice you get on an airline is not going to be raw, either.  Of course, I
> don't know what airline you were on, whenever I've flown the juices
> have been canned and therefore cooked.

I agree. But I am not so "purist". I avoid cooked food because the
taste (and the excessive amount of salt) disturb me. I don't think
that an isolated cooked meal would harm me, but I do not enjoy
cooked food so much. The taste of pasteurized juice is still close to raw
(it even has a taste-change).

BTW, many dried fruits (like prunes) are pasteurized. I once found
sun-dried blueberries... which were THEN pasteurized!

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis