RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:33:37 -0600
From:
Trish Pottersmith <[log in to unmask]>
On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Stefan Joest wrote:

> Under a raw-food regimen nearly all women watch their bleedings to
> decrease from month to month and in some cases to disappear comple-
> tely! But they are still fertile.
> Female children at Montrame reared on instinctive nutrition since
> birth are said to have no menstruation at all.
> (Come up, Judy, Ellie, Martha, Vickie, Liane, Trish and all other
> "raw" women: what are your experiences?)

Trish:

(Stefan,I enjoy your posts, particularly your clever and friendly
closings like the one below.)

Those of you not interested in reading about menstruation, skip
ahead.

Martha's post reminded me that I wanted to respond to this.  When
I am 95 - 100% raw, my experience is that I have none of the usual
"PMS" ailments associated with menstruation but do have some bleeding.
My own hypothesis is that the bleeding is a detox and I'd have to
be raw and living in a very pristine environment to stop bleeding.
Even then I wonder because it seems there are inevitably some toxins
to dispose of. When I first started detoxing, my bleeding was even heavier
at times, which I thought was probably a good thing.  I can tell when I've
really fallen off the wagon because I get the usual symptoms of
PMS that many women experience, both physical and emotional.  This
really surprised me at first - it's one of the things that I
just took for granted as part of life, but in reality it seems
to be something I have control over.  I don't know about any other
women but me, however.  It's one of things that proved to me my
diet really did make a difference.

>Further one of my favorite hypotheses is, that fear, jealousy and
>zealotry are cooked feelings, i.e. they would have never showed if
>we humans had stayed raw. I also count reasonless aggressivity to
>be a cooked feeling.

This I just don't believe.  I can't give you any proof.  I don't
believe that cooked food (or the love of money for that matter) is
the "root of all evil" (my words).  If anything, I think lack of
love would account for most of our emotional ills.  I don't mean
romantic love, but real love, whether you get yours from God or
humans.

Lovingly,

Trish Pottersmith