RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 10:28:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
>Remark: one common anti-protein theory uses the low protein content of
>human milk as "proof" that a 100% fruit diet is best. However, the
>nutritional profile of fruit does NOT match that of milk - in fats
>(esp. essential fatty acids), sugars, vitamin B-12, zinc, calcium.

Human milk is about 57% fat, 37% carbohydrate and 6% protein. A
fruitarian diet is lower in fat and higher in carbohydrates but
in regards to proteins it is about equal. The question proponents of
fruit-based diets raise is how come during the two first years of our
lives when we grow the most and when getting adequate nutrients is so
crucial for our development is 6% protein adequate and now when we have
matured and stopped growing the same amount will make us deficient? I
am not advocating fruitarianism but I think it is a reasonable question
and have yet to see a good answer to it.

Best, Peter