RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 02:41:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Stefan:
>Instinctos say, that raw fish detoxes dairy.

Not many instinctos have a prior history of consuming raw dairy so I am
not sure we really know.

>And that people who are eating dairy are blocked against fish because
>it would give them a too hard detox. Blocked means, that fish smells
>disgusting for them.

Interesting thought. I think that maybe a more obvious explanation
would be that dairy foods are very concentrated foods and that I
therefore do not feel the need for more no matter what the source. Many
people on raw foods and/or cooked foods seem to be doing quite well
with raw dairy but unfortunately so far only few of them have made it
on to this list. Anyhow, I have decided to cut down a bit on the dairy
to see if it will increase my appetite for eating more fish.

>So you might be in the situation where you must decide if you want to
>have exciting meals with raw mackerel, tuna etc. in the future or go
>on with your dairy (if you still do).

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

> Of course, as already mentioned, it may last some
>time until your body decides to get rid of the dairy by going for
>fish. May be even months. One never knows, when the next detox comes.
:-)

If indeed raw dairy is "toxic".

>By the way: Be aware that aged mackerel and tuna (when aged without
>drying) are con-taining lots of histamine and this may give you a
>flush or even a histamine shock reaction. I faced this one time. Nice.
>But much weaker than my Pschy-rembel said: not 24 hours of symptoms
>but only 35 minutes.

Sounds more unpleasant than nice to me.

Thanks for your support!

Best, Peter