RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 22:40:49 -0500
From:
Pat Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
At 12:12 AM 3/14/97 +0100, you wrote:

Bon soir,Jean-Louis,

>...(snip)... But when I looked in the history of Tai Chi, I read
>that some "old" masters dindn't live beyond 55 years.

Are you familiar with Joel Wallace's: "Dead Doctor's Don't Lie"? In which he
states the unbelievealbe life span's in Guiness'Book of records (several
HUNDRED years), and that 150 years of age was de riguer in olden times; that
our american males live to 75, but that our doctor's only live to 55?
Hmmmmmm. Up until this work i was offended by the bible's tale of Methuselah
living for 400 years, was I to be expected to believe that? Really!! Alas,
even at this age I am shackled by preconception, but I fight it pitchfork
and hoe, I assure you.

>In conclusion, I don't want to be part of Burger's "system", even if I make
>a few "mistakes". Many other factors can undermine my health, and maybe
>perfect health is an idealistic aim like Nirvana that we will never reach.
>Remember that wild animals have illnesses too (see Jane Goodall's book),
>and that among the living humans, very few are "enlightened" (maybe none).

I have bashed some of the info I have been hearing about Burger's
statements, but much of the theory itself rings
some...pardonnez-moi..."instinctive" positive response in me. Peut-etre we
should not throw out the good socks with the old shoes , pensez-vous?

(Gee it's fun to dredge up first semester "pidgin" french phrases from 40
years ago--they must lie dormant like cooked food in our body fat, in this
case occasionally there when you _want_ them! Should it be "excusez-moi"?)

Pat