BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - His DNA is this long." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:42:09 -0400
All -

We had an odd experience yesterday.  When going into the crawlspace off the
basement, we discovered water in one of the plastic covered, flexible air
ducts that were installed earlier this year.  We could not see any holes in
the plastic, and the only water to be found in the area was from a small
leak where the toilet above doesn't sit properly on the flange.  This water
source is about a foot away from the duct work and we cannot imagine it
could produce the 2 gallons of water we drained out of the duct work.  This
is the cold air return, and has a turbo fan on it.  We have run the fan on
the furnace 2 or 3 times this summer to circulate the cooler basement air
into the house, but otherwise, it has been turned off.  We had to open a
small hole in the plastic sheathing to drain out the water.  Does anyone
have any ideas as to where this could come from?  We were thinking possibly
it condensed in there (due to the fairly wet year we've had)?  Any thoughts
are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

- Pam