RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 06:03:30 -0800
Hi Jo,

Jo Yoshida wrote:
> My experience has been that ever since I dropped animal products from my
> diet, since I went all raw, AND since I've taken the time to explore
> spirituality and personal development, that I don't have interest in
> hanging out at bars and getting inebriated to the point of picking
> fights....yeah, I'd have to say that I've become far less aggressive or
> hostile.

Have you dropped all flesh foods including butter, yogurt, cheese, eggs,
fish, as well as poultry and meat?  How long have you been avoiding
animal products?

> Whether my dietary practice is neurotic or weird, that's for all to judge.
> Whether I thrive on it or suffer from deficiencies, that is for myself to
> monitor with as much honesty I can muster, to remain unburdened by dogma. I
> have to admit I spend more time than the average Joe on keeping up with
> nutritional news and with that I try to use my logic and experiences to
> incorporate new ideas.

> I've had excellent results so far.

-good to hear you are doing well-

> BTW, where is organic produce co-op located? And can out of town visitors
> make purchases as well?

Where you are? I should let you know, I don't have a store.  I'm in
Pleasant Hill, California.  So this probably wouldn't work for most
people.  A group of us routinely collectively order quite a bit from a
good wholesale house, mainly to supply ourselves with fresh organic
produce at good prices.  We also purchase bulk (case lots) of organic
packaged foods (mung beans, dry sea-veggies, spelt noodles, etc) and
split them up amongst ourselves.  If you are relatively nearby, please
email me in private or visit my website for more info.  Out of town
visitors are welcome, but you'd have to come on the one day a month we
receive our order.  Mail order doesn't make sense unless you're buying
something lightweight and unavailable in your area.  I have a small
clinic, and one day a month, instead of patient treatment, I use the
place to receive all this food and sell it.  Without storage or refridge
space, everything must be out of the place by the end of the day, so I
limit membership to those individuals who can commit to pickup on
delivery day.

regards, roberta