RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 19:00:27 -1000
Pet:
>   Clara's namesake Adelle Davis was she who dwelt on raw calves'
>brains; CMD said ALL organs were cooked for safety, nor, as you say,
>was there a sign that brains were preferred.

So was Adelle lying or refering to other experiments which were never
published or...???

>   Raw and raw sour milk were most preferred along with fruit.  Milk
>made up 16-40% of calories overall and 0-64% of calories in a meal;
>fruit was 10-41% overall, bone marrow (cooked or raw) 5-26%.
>   Pasteurization had been in effect since about 1908 as a
>'temporary' measure against brucellosis and other cattle ailments
>affecting humans, till the herds could be culled.  Since culling is
>unprofitable, we still pasteurize.  The hospital used Grade A raw
>milk for infants.
>   CMD's study was unprofitable, so, though it replicated a study
>from the previous decade, it seems no bigger study followed.
>Now R&D is even more fragile, and both research and peer review
>are influenced by grant source and size, and tailored more to focused
>industrial-military-pharmaceutical use.

Thanks for the clarifications.

>   Cutting boards-- a Michigan(?) professor and graduate student did
>a low-budget study to show the superiority of plastic over wood
>cutting boards, and found to their surprise that wood killed bacteria
>much better.  Excited and tenured and able to carry on unfunded, they
>elaborated the experiment.  Hypotheses were discussed in American
>Scientist; I don't know the final explanation. Desiccation?

Love it!

>   Liza May, mango and cashew are cousins.  Don't try the peel; it's
>an irritant to all but the most purified instinctos, whose parasites
>will eat the toxins and make it Awww Betta.

LOL

>   <alcoholics KNOW they are addicted, like cigarette smokers>
>Have you heard the libertarian sloganeering from Big Tabac about
>Those Who Choose To Smoke?  Denial is not an Egyptian river.
>   <until now I have never gotten a single word of acknowledgement>
>I've noted your ideas, but tend to forget that nods and mm-hmms don't
>show here.

She's exaggerating anyway--I sent her, as I remember it, a _single_ word of
acknowledgement ;)

>    List X is not only distinguished by tolerance of NFL (as one who
>takes in strays and loves the ugliest, I understand), but it's often
>much funnier than this one.

You ever check out the calorie-restriction list?

>   I am becoming more certain than ever that Raw Food Is Poison!
>Anyone care to write a solemn tract on the subject?               Pet

Not really, but if you write it in an obscure language and get somebody to
translate it into english I will hork the whole kit 'n kaboddle and try to
become rich and famous. And if those addicted raw-food-eaters try an get in
my way, I'll _bash_ em ;)

Cheers,
Kirt