RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 11:23:09 EST
Kirt,
<< You ever check out the calorie-restriction list? >>

I haven't - and would like to know about it! Is there just one? In fact,  I
would love recommendations for all other related lists that you are aware of,
if this wouldn't be too cumbersome.

Ellie,
<< When ingested these sugars might be mis-metabolized and could be
 stored as altered froms of glycogen as well as in AGE's. >>

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by mis-metabolized. Or, more specifically,
at which point in the metabolic pathway are you thinking that there is a
"breakdown" and either the normal reaction does not occur, or, a different one
occurs (and do you have ideas for what the new, "wrong" reaction might be?).

I also don't understand what you mean by altered forms of glycogen. My
understanding of glycogen is that it is a polymer of glucose (in its ring
form) - with many different side branches coming off of the main chain
(differing from plant starch only slightly, due to the number of side
branches).  Are you maybe saying that the specific locations of these side
branches is different in the altered form of glycogen? Do you have ideas about
the specific effects such a difference would have, or are you just thinking
that the body would not recognize the new molecule as glycogen and would then
treat it as a toxin, to be stored or eliminated?

<< The point I was trying to make was .... just to answer the question from
Liza about whether toxic substances in foods can accumulate in the body and
cause trouble. >>

Thank you Ellie!  I am familiar with this theory of toxemia, and operate on
the assumption that it is most likely accurate, but I am not 100% convinced
yet! It helps me to hear how others think about this.

JL,
<< I was wondering if organic fruits had a higher vitamin content than non
organic ones, and if there are some tables of analyzes available
somewhere. Does anyone know? Rex? >>

Well - you may have seen me mention that we have a catalogue coming (which
includes many refractometers) and we intend to start testing various produce
everywhere we shop. I'll let you know what we discover!!!

Pet,
<<  I know of no citified or literate culture but, so far, the Indus River
culture of -2600 that seemed to spring from nothing, and that was a full
millennium after Shumer.  When their language is deciphered things will become
clearer too.>>

Please excuse me for maybe having missed some of this conversation, but it
seems as though if I were able to follow it a little better it might be pretty
interesting. So, in that spirit, I would like to ask some questions:
- Why do you say you know of no citified or literate cultures?
- Who or what is Shumer?
-  What is the significance of the Indus River culture?
- What specific issues will be made clearere when their language is
deciphered?

This all seems interesting, and I am eagerly awaiting some clarification!

<<  Ball lightning is so far neither well understood nor validated, though
most likely it exists. >>

You say it doesn't exist, and Gregg says it comes out of him (and his
grandfather, too, if I am remembering his post correctly). What IS ball
lightening? Never heard of it till now.

Tom,
<< There is an interesting article on raw food diets, in the latest issue of
"Health Science" >>

I saw that article and thought it was great, too.  When I saw it , my first
thought was to post it to the other list, but I've noticed that lately I seem
to have lost my enthusiasm for conversations on that list, for some reason.
Anyway, thanks for gong to the trouble of typing it up for others to read.
Its interesting, coming from ANHS!!

Stefan,
<< Anyone else here who feels cold sometimes with certain foods? >>

I am cold often - which I have attributed to low body fat.  But I do seem to
notice that I feel unusually, surprisingly, warm at times when I am including
a greater percentage of animal fats in my diet.  Is this a good thing? Who
knows!!

Roberta,
<< I have a small clinic, and one day a month, instead of patient treatment, I
use the place to receive all this food and sell it. >>

Roberta, you sound like a really together, in-charge, hard-working,
reasonable, awfully nice person! It's nice to hear about your life - your
entertaining, penchant for sushi, open-minded attitude towards health and
healing, strong leadership skills, and gentle manner. Glad to know you!

JL,
<< HCN is the active ingredient is Zyklon B (and is a poison). >>

JL, what is Zyklon B?

<< Apricot kernels don't contain HCN, but its cyanogenic glycosides *release*
HCN
when in contact with the stomach acids. >>

Thanks for the explanation.  Do you happen to know the chemical formula for
this reaction?

Lots of Love,    Liza
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)