RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 06:53:43 -0900
Ellie:
>Eating only one fruit or vegetable per meal until I get a stop as
>recommended by some Instinctos has been impractical for me to do and has
>left me unsatisfied and craving food in between meals. I don't believe I
>am able to get the variety of nutrients I need at the right time.

I agree. In particular I find veggies extra-tasty after animal
foods--perhaps this is due to the reasons you mention...

>So, I
>am experimenting with the following food plan, which I consider eating
>instinctively.

>several fruits or vegetables--fat--protein (or fatty protein)--sugar.

Interesting. Protein in between two sweet courses. _I_ don't do well at all
with fruit _after_ protein, whereas Melisa often has fruit before protein
and often has a bit of sweet fruit a half hour or so after a meal--so
that's kinda what you are doing. Whatever works!

>The most important thing I'm looking at is whether I have natural
>hunger--that tingly feeling in the back of the mouth and usually I

>Do any of you find you are guided by this natural hunger for when and how
>much to eat?

Salivating is easy, but I don't notice any tingling. I do know that if I
eat too early in the day (before 10 or 11am if I'm up at, say, 6am), even
fruit will seem heavy and sluggish.

Enjoyed your post, as usual,
Kirt