NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 13:14:33 -0400
On Fri, 30 May 1997, Ken Cook wrote:

> Pizza? ever order the pizza without cheese? You get funny looks, and
> there's nothing to hold the toppings on - they just roll off...

I used to do that...but I'd get kind of paranoid because on a cheeseless
pizza, sometimes the crust bubbles up and looks like melted cheese...and
then there's just the idea that this pizza was made in a kitchen full of
cheese, and odds of a stray bit of cheese finding it's way onto the pizza
just seem too high.  The only pizza I eat now is home made...I used to
just use lots of sause, and no cheese, then tried soymage (which is lousy
stuff), and finally found that I can tolerate goat and sheep milk
cheeses...so now I make pizza that looks relatively normal, but smells
kind of different.

> Emotions? I hated losing all the good foods... ever try Ben and
> Jerrys Devils Food Chocolate Sorbet? Amazingly good. And there are

Doonsberry is pretty good too, but my favorite is probably a tossup
between Edy's whole fruit peach sorbet and the Ben and Jerry's above.
I've never tried Ben and Jerrys ice cream though.

> Be careful, though, about those burgers... some people put milk in
> their burgers AND buns....

Which ones?  Is there a fast food chain that does have "safe"  (safe =
dairy free) burgers, buns, and fries?  I pretty much stopped doing burgers
when Wendys changed and put whey in the buns.

 Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |
________Finger [log in to unmask] for PGP public key_______