NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 22:17:07 -0600
christoo wrote:

>                I am interest in corresponding with anyone with a child who is
> suffering with this disorder,  or for that matter anyone who can offer advice
> on this subject. Thank you.

Hi Christine and Jill,

Welcome to the list.  There are a great many of us here with young
children who cannot tolerate milk or milk products.  Most of us have
found a great number of recipes that do work for us during the various
stages of "I won't eat that!".

Please look in this lists web site:
http://www.panix.com/~nomilk/list.html
for a great deal of information we have already shared.  It will amaze
you!

As for just coping, please be sure to check out FAN's web site at:
http://foodallergy.org/   They have little index cards that you can
stick in your wallet while shopping that have the many, many names milk
goes under.

In the meantime, just try to find some Fleishmann's Kosher parve
margarine, a milk substitute the child likes (Rice Dream and DariFree
are our favorites) and  the recipe for one bowl brownies on the inside
of the orange Baker's Chocolate box (also marked parve).  I've found
that with these three, our family quickly figured out we would survive
and thrive, it just takes time to adjust.
Best of luck and be sure to ask lots of specific questions, otherwise we
don't know what your problems are!

--
Kathy Wentz              I've never had a humble opinion in my life.
[log in to unmask]      If you're going to have one, why bother to