RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:25:07 GMT
At 02:06 PM 3/2/99 EST, Sandy wrote:
>In a message dated 3/2/99 11:02:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
><<
> Calcium, zinc may be deficient. Protein may be deficient on ~100%
> fruit diets. (In my opinion, the anti-protein fanatics who claim protein
> is harmful, are probably getting their protein via binge-eating.)
> Calories may be inadequate (look at the emaciated fruitarians).
> Some fruitarians may have PEM: protein-energy malnutrition. However,
> due to the mental "buzz" of fruitarianism (zinc deficiency),
> they don't mind until things get very serious...
>
> Fruitarian diets may also have excessive levels of sugar, for a
> person's genetic level of insulin resistance. This may explain
> the diabetes-like symptoms displayed by many fruitarians: urinating
> every 5-10 minutes, pains in joints, intermittent blurred vision, >>
>
>Tom-
>I'm a vegan raw foodist for 4 years.I've been eating a large proportion of
>fruit. Although I was able to lose a lot of symptoms on this diet, I feel that
>I am deficient in a lot of nutrients as a result of it. Will eating a lot of
>greens or green juices restore the calcium and minerals? Is that enough? Would
>you mind explaining what you did  to get yourself back into a well nourished
>state?
>Thanks
>Love
>Sandy

Sandy, give yourself a real opportunity: get the book "The Eat Right Diet"
by PJ D'Adamo (also published as "Eat Right for Your Type".  Find out your
blood type.  Eat the recommended foods, as they suit you.  Join a support
group (eg e-mail list) for your type.
I have found it _much_ more useful eating the good foods than caring whether
they are cooked or not.  Remember, food quality counts!

good luck,
Lynton