RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:29:11 +0100
Hi Tom (and Rex),

You wrote, among other things, to Rex:

> Rex:
> >It wouldn't surprise me to find that many who have failed on all-raw diets
> >later found where they were regularly consuming anti-nutrients that messed
> >things up.  Is this entirely separate from those who may have got poor
>  results
> >from eating poor quality food?  I don't know, but I have a strong suspicion
> >that low-quality in any particular food item doesn't just mean a lack of
> >nutrients---it also means more abundant toxicity.

Both factors are extremely relevant.

> Tom:
> As one who tried fruitarianism under nearly ideal conditions: warm
> climate, regular sunshine and exercise, and food of incredibly high
> quality (most organic, the rest unsprayed, most food grown in the high mineral
> content soil of Merritt Island, Florida), the serious problems I experienced
> on the fruitarian regime suggest that the currently popular "low quality
> food" excuse is nothing more than a weak rationalization advanced by folks
> who will grasp at anything to retain their idealistic (and false) fruitarian
> dogma. Fruitarianism is a failure because it is far beyond the range of
> diets that we are adapted to by evolution (and the claims of certain
> fruitarian advocates that we evolved as fruitarians, are nothing more
> than bogus crank science).

I have tried fruitarianism under ideal conditions I would say (I
bought all my fruits from the reputable supplier Orkos and was
delighted with them all). The only problem that I had was that such
a regime is much too expensive in the long term. It is, however,
certainly possible to live and thrive extremely well on such a
regime (our own Helmut Wandmaker is a living example of this).
Personally, I still eat fruits from Orkos, but only for breakfast.
I can work a whole day, eating nothing else in between, before I
need to eat again at around 18.00 hrs. The meal at around 18.00 hrs
is a raw mix of wild plants, domesticated but still wild plants and
a few domesticated and no longer wild plants (red and green peppers,
carrots, avocados, cucumbers, lamb's lettuce, tomatoes..preferably
from my own garden or from reputable suppliers).

Alan