RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 22:01:03 EDT

<< I needed to see it for myself, where I long time thought the birth of
 humanity was.  >>

I've often wondered the same thing, but I have no idea.  It's too large a
mystery, too much information from maps, books, etc., not enough personal
experience.

<<i eat about 95 % fruit  (sweet fruits).>>

Huh?  What's the other 5%?

<<all that has reinforced within
myself the truth about human dietary : fruitarianism.>>

I used to adhere to that, I am aware of a boundary that restricts me to
fruit, then vegetables, etc., however, then I became aware of an instinct to hunt.
An innocent instinct from hunger.  Surprised me.  Interesting, huh?  It
makes sense actually, primates are insectivores who graduated to eating other
things.  It put things in a different perspective.

Originally, I had a boundary theory, where foods are most optimal starting
with the following and going out:

wild fruit - veggies and greens - nuts, seeds, roots, tubers - beans -
grains - insects - fish - reptiles - birds - animals - primates - humans

People lost with no food wind up becoming cannibals to survive and say it
was just the thing to do, it was natural, then when they are rescued, they just
morality, so the above theory of boundary feeding was just based upon experience tied
to speculation, it's not formed by morality, and to be honest, lately I want
fish just as much as I want fruit, and I've been loving raw eggs, and I keep
feeling better and better as I recover from a mostly sweet fruit diet, so
perhaps HEALTH has to do with what boundaries the BODY requries, or perhaps
the boundaries don't follow in a LINE like that, perhaps they are varied for
different primate species, and in our OLDEST genetic past we might have been
frugivores/insectivores, and then came to hunt, which is why fruitarianism
is so natural, and people who grow up dependent on grocery stores don't know
their instinct to hunt, and are uncomfortable with the idea of doing it.

Anyway, just another theory, as time goes on, this one looks like it might
fall apart in one way or another ;)

In the meantime, I eat what I want.  It's a wondeful spiritual experience to
take the body of another LIFE for my OWN.  I ate a live insect the other
day, and it was such a satisfying act.   I wouldn't stop eating these things
unless my body directed me to, otherwise, it would seem insane.

Therefore, you interest me Mr. Ross, please share more information about
your fruitarian diet, and your experience of wisdom.  I seem to have conflicting
wisdom, and I wonder how this all fits together.  We may be experiencing
different levels of genetic wisdom, mine older (insectivore) and more recent
(hunter) and throughout (fruit eater).  Who knows?  I don't know where yours
fits in either, I have no memory of the birth of humanity...

Anyway, how's your sex drive, I'm curious?

aaron