RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:27:24 EST
From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Kirt,
>I've always thought such correlation studies would be simpler, and
>perhaps more meaningful, if we looked at the averages for a culture
>cross the board. For instance, what foods (and how prepared?) are consumed in
>Mexico per capita, and what diseases occur in Mexico per capita?

That's essentially what the China study is, Kirt, looking at each little
area of the patchwork quilt known as "China" as a separate "country," or
enclave.  The Chinese in different regions have very wide diet variances
and very low social mobility (many have spent generations in the same
neighboroods), thus making them ideal to study from this perspective.
The results coming out of the China study have very high statistical
significance, and cooked meat is turning out to be the very killer that
Harvey Diamond always said it was.

Thanks for your help with the baby, cat, banana.  I just knew I was
missing something.  Maybe others will further assist my fuzzy thinking on
this issue.

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])