RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 06:57:20 -1000
From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
>Kirt,
><< You ever check out the calorie-restriction list? >>

Liza:
>I haven't - and would like to know about it! Is there just one? In fact,  I
>would love recommendations for all other related lists that you are aware of,
>if this wouldn't be too cumbersome.

Recommendation, I have not ;) but below is the welcome message including
sub info. Bob Avery (from the other list) was booted from the CR list long
ago. It probably isn't as entertaining these days, but definately
fringe-ish...It's been months since I have been subbed so I am not sure if
they are still chugging along over there. [slap] but of course they are,
and will be for 50-90% more years than the average life span. ;)

Cheers,
Kirt

=====

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 00:14:10 -0500
To: [log in to unmask]
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Welcome to crsociety

Welcome to the crsociety mailing list!

you can send mail to "[log in to unmask]" with the following command
in the body of your email message:

    unsubscribe crsociety [log in to unmask]

Here's the general information for the list you've
subscribed to, in case you don't already have it:

[Last updated on: Tue Apr 18 12:48:02 1995]

Caloric Restriction Enthuiasts,

By subscribing to the crsociety mailing list, you have effectively been
electronically interconnected to the CR Society discussion group.
This group includes practictioners, researchers, and people wanting
to find out more about CR.  The CR Society, to our knowledge,
represents the largest single group of practicing CR individuals in the
world.  What follows are the instructions on interacting with this group:

The list of commands that the mail server understands:

In the description below items contained in []'s are optional. When
providing the item, do not include the []'s around it.

    subscribe crsociety [<address>]
        Subscribe yourself (or <address> if specified) to the named crsociety.

        After you submits this, your name is forwarded
        to me for approval and addition to the crsociety list.  This
        is a manual process, and may take a little while.

    unsubscribe crsociety [<address>]
        Unsubscribe yourself (or <address> if specified) from the named
crsociety.

    get crsociety <filename>
        Get a file related to crsociety.

    index crsociety
        Return an index of files you can "get" for crsociety.

    who crsociety
        Find out who is on the named crsociety.

    info crsociety
        Retrieve the general introductory information for the named crsociety.
                i.e. this message
    help
        Retrieve this message.

    end
        Stop processing commands (useful if your mailer adds a signature).

Commands should be sent in the body of an email message to

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Important how to info below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To send a message to all the members of the crsociety.  Send an email
message with your own content to:

Here's an example:

mail [log in to unmask]
Subject:  I find I sleep less when I try CR
Is this normal, and do other experience similiar results ...

Regards,
Steve