RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 09:11:18 +0000
From:
  My kaleidoscope eyes, Kirt, are aware of a man in Boulder who wants
climbing walls in his home, but to reduce wall-climbing here, I'll
make some points clearer.  No illicit herbs were used to develop my
illicit ideas, though.... but see my closing remark.
   Clara's namesake Adelle Davis was she who dwelt on raw calves'
brains; CMD said ALL organs were cooked for safety, nor, as you say,
was there a sign that brains were preferred.
   Raw and raw sour milk were most preferred along with fruit.  Milk
made up 16-40% of calories overall and 0-64% of calories in a meal;
fruit was 10-41% overall, bone marrow (cooked or raw) 5-26%.
   Pasteurization had been in effect since about 1908 as a
'temporary' measure against brucellosis and other cattle ailments
affecting humans, till the herds could be culled.  Since culling is
unprofitable, we still pasteurize.  The hospital used Grade A raw
milk for infants.
   CMD's study was unprofitable, so, though it replicated a study
from the previous decade, it seems no bigger study followed.
Now R&D is even more fragile, and both research and peer review
are influenced by grant source and size, and tailored more to focused
industrial-military-pharmaceutical use.

   Cutting boards-- a Michigan(?) professor and graduate student did
a low-budget study to show the superiority of plastic over wood
cutting boards, and found to their surprise that wood killed bacteria
much better.  Excited and tenured and able to carry on unfunded, they
elaborated the experiment.  Hypotheses were discussed in American
Scientist; I don't know the final explanation. Desiccation?

   Liza May, mango and cashew are cousins.  Don't try the peel; it's
an irritant to all but the most purified instinctos, whose parasites
will eat the toxins and make it Awww Betta.
   <alcoholics KNOW they are addicted, like cigarette smokers>
Have you heard the libertarian sloganeering from Big Tabac about
Those Who Choose To Smoke?  Denial is not an Egyptian river.
   <until now I have never gotten a single word of acknowledgement>
I've noted your ideas, but tend to forget that nods and mm-hmms don't
show here.

   Rex, I'd like to hear much more on Brix, which I've thought of as
a measure of specific density; I've seen the refractometer used in
the field, and it distinguishes the ripe well, but does it improve on
a trained eye, nose and mouth?

    List X is not only distinguished by tolerance of NFL (as one who
takes in strays and loves the ugliest, I understand), but it's often
much funnier than this one.
    Why, only recently a staunch vegan felt impelled to eat raw
salmon, and wrote of it at length.  What's more, he began trying to
be a Breatharian (succumbing to munchies like other Breatharians, but
admitting it) and even an Energarian, requiring no air.
   This last, most difficult ayurvedic stunt of all kept ending when
his head hit the computer keyboard.  It's all there...

   I am becoming more certain than ever that Raw Food Is Poison!
Anyone care to write a solemn tract on the subject?

 Pet