RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 22:46:06 -0400
From:
Robert Wynman <[log in to unmask]>
In a message dated 97-07-20 10:53:30 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Stefan
Joest) writes:

<< Cartels: the customer of the companies forming the cartel is the victim.
 He has to pay higher prices than he would have if the cartel didn't
 exist.

Bob:
Who enforces the momnopoly of the cartel? What force prevents competitors
from selling the products/services cheaper?

> Insider information: can be very near to fraud if you sell the shares
 of the company you own because you know it's going down. And after sel-
 ling you tell all other shareholders what's on.  Hidden prices: depending on
the time your customer finds out about the real price he has to pay, it is
more or less a fraud. He would never  have contracted with you if he had
known the real price before.

Bob:
Again, definitions would help ("fraud" or something else?).

 Hidden prices: depending on the time your customer finds out about the
 real price he has to pay, it is more or less a fraud. He would never
 have contracted with you if he had known the real price before.

 Bob: (concerning labeling, using names)
 >Are there other, better options?

 Yes, IMHO: refraining from judging others permanently by using labels
 and calling names. There is enough judgement in the world and it seems
 is is created only by humans. No animal judges another for doing this
 or that.
 So - maybe judging others is non-instinctive??? :-)

 Bo7b:
YES!!  Certainly judging is non-instinctive, as, IMNSHO, all cognitive
thought, creativity, conceptual mental activity, all that makes us human.
 Instinctive Living is perhaps near 100% of animal life; not 100% of human
life.  Since we all judge others & benefit thereby, IMNSHO, it's healthful
for us to be proud to judge & become competent at it rather than condemn
ourselves for this highly virtuous act.  Does THAT produce a bit of cognitive
dissonance for ya?

 >So, by these definitions (does anyone find any of 'em incorrect?) USA
 >is currently a Democratic Fabian Fascist state.  Ugly but accurate.
 >:-(

 >Formal answer:
 My dictionary says, fascism is a form of ruling, that is antidemocra-
 tic and nationalistic. Therefore "democratic fascist state" is a con-
 tradiction in itself.

Bob:
Buy a better dictionary.  :-)  That one also probly defines capitalism as
dog-eat-dog competition & the root of all evil.

> Answer with more contents:
 I doubt, that the U.S. or Germany (our government is also creating more
 and more laws and regulations every year) are intending to be a fabian
 state. What use would there be, especially if the people forming the
 government also live under these rules and would risk to be accused for
 more and more ridiculous causes?

Bob:
Countries & governmants don't intend anything.  only people can intend &
their intentions are as varied as the people are.  However, IMO, governmants
nearly ALWAYS accomplish exactly the OPPOSITE of the stated intent of their
spokesmen & the only two things they're consistently GOOD & effective at arte
 lying to their subjects & stealing freedom & money from their subjects.
 I guess, that it is the more and more destroyed food that creates all
 this disorder - disordered food creates disordered behavior, in my
 oppinion. (Pointer to Ellie: toxic minds!)

 And there we are back to the actual topic of this list: food that has
 its natural order preserved. The circle closes.

Bob:
Complicated circle!  Thanks for tracking it for us!  :-)

'ealth, 'appiness & freedom to ya all,

Bob