RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:27:16 -0500
From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
>>i came across a reference to tooth enamelling enzymes at ********.
>>my apologies, i meant to go back and fill in the reference, which is

>          http://www.all-natural.com/teeth-1.html

>the site has all sorts of ideas about health...

It is an interesting site put up by a research chemist from Arizona.
His book "Good Teeth Birth to Death" is only 7 dollars and I intend to
buy it. Here is what he has to say about enamel:

"Enamel Must Be Replaced Daily

The tooth is not dormant. Calcium phosphate migrates out of the tooth
to the bones, DNA, heart, etc. each day and with children 6-12 years
old, the migration is ten times faster than in adults. Calcium and
phosphate also migrate into the tooth, forming a dense, hard, flexible
crystal. This is called recrystallization or remineralization.

If no calcium or phosphate are present to migrate back in, a thinner
enamel will be left or other ions such as magnesium, iron or fluoride
will migrate back in, causing sickening white spots, yellow or
gray, even black color hues. These ersats crystals result in flurosis
or mottling, which means brittle chipped, broken and cracked teeth.

To avoid the above one should take 1000 mg of calcium ( with D) and a
tablespoon full of lecithin (15% phosphorus) from soy beans daily."

Lynton, another alternative dental site also from Arizona put up by
Soaring Bear, a long time holistic dental advocate, might interest you:

      http://ellington.pharm.arizona.edu/~bear/dent.html

Best, Peter