RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Sheppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 16:04:34 +0900
Stefan:
>I assume with "skin" you don't mean the orange peel of the orange but
>the whitish skins inside.

No, I _do_ mean that I was eating the peel, but only after I had eaten the
inside of the orange.

>Then you have done exactly what Burger describes in his book concerning
>non-instinctive methods. You found a method to overeat oranges by lea-
>ving off the skins that would give the stop. How interesting! I was un-
>aware of the tricks people invent to be able to overeat natural foods
>as is their habit with cooked food. Wow!

>I just wonder if Burger would also condemn the same trick for Pomelos
>because their skins are so strong that I frequently find me unable to
>even chew them not to speak of swallowing. So either I get the pulp
>out and throw the skins away or I inevitably end up in spitting them
>out.

I haven't yet read all of Burger, so I don't know what he says on this
topic (other than what I've gathered from recent posts).

Speaking of Burger, I have a small request. My copy of Part 2 of his
Interview (raw_eat3.html) doesn't seem to be complete - it breaks off in
mid-sentence. I have tried reloading it several times, unsuccessfully. I
wonder whether someone who has the complete document would mind sending me
the part that I am missing (preferably in html format)? It begins (in bold
type):

Prehistoric times
Gabriel Camps, published by Perrin, (excerpts p. 276)
"How did man switch from mere fruit-picking to full-blown agriculture?"

If someone can send me the remainder, I would very much appreciate it.

Regards,
Barbara