NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 09:52:49 -0600
>Anyway, my doctor told
>me to try other products like Goat's milk or Soy milk.  So I have tried
>them both with no reaction, but he can not stand the taste (or texture,
>possibly) of either of these products.  I have even tried the Carnation
>Next step Soy Toddler formula, but he just spits it out. Is there anyone
>out there that has had this taste problem, that can offer some suggestions
>or tips!  Also, the only other suspected allergy is Gluten!
>
>Thanks....Suzanne
>
>Suzanne Martin from New Orleans
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date:    Tue, 9 Sep 1997 15:02:14 -0700
>From:    Kathy Crankshaw <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Other types of "milk"
>
>     >Is there anyone out there that has had this taste problem, that can
>     offer some suggestions or tips!
>
>    Try the vanilla or carob flavor soy milks by Westsoy, Eden etc...you
>can buy
>small lunch box size as a trial.
>
>Kathy

We had the same situation when my son was 1 yr old (now he's 6). He refused
all flavors of Edensoy, Westbray, etc., so I just kept on solely
breastfeeding until about 2 1/2 and at that time when we tried Edensoy
vanilla he loved it.  Who knows why.  I would say to just keep trying
different products and give him a little time and try the same ones again
later.

Our son will now drink any soy  or milk-free beverage given him, flavored
or not.

Rachele Shaw