RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 18:40:02 -0800
Thanks to all for the fruit sugar thoughts. I wonder if the commercial
fruits bred for sweetness might contain altered sugars, similar to
refined sugars, and whether this might account for the attraction to
them, and if fact to the addiction to them by some of us. Altered
nutrients that are toxic are stimulants, and it is stimulants that are
addicting. Natural sugar is not a stimulant, but a nutrient, and should
cause no craving, hence no addiction.

I too appreciate your experiential reports, Mike. I'm inclined to think
that the attraction to natural sugar is for detox purposes. One reason is
that I used to be a sugar addict (refined sugars) and these created  mood
swings, and lots of other troubles. I am still somewhat overattracted to
commercial sweet oranges. But natural sugar, in unheated dates, for
example, sets up no craving, nor does it cause any mood swings or other
symptoms.

My best, Ellie