RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
hjz-nutec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 19:58:48 -0200
From: Stefan Joest

>Ellie asked about possibly adulterated coconuts of Thailand.

>Yes, this is one of their practices. Of course not every producer will
>do it. And as Roberta remarked the exported produce are the worst. If
>you visit Thailand you will most probably get excellent quality.
Hi  Stefan and all,
Just got back from vacation and this reminds me of a chat I had with a
pineapple small producer/seller just at his selling spot on a highway to the
beach,
down here, south Brazil. I was suprised how sweet and juicy his fruit was
and asked
him how he got them to be so sweet. He inocently said that they inject a
solution with sugar to make them less sour and sweeter, so they sell better.
Ufff...

        Peace to all
            Helio