RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 11:58:47 -0400
J-L:
> So, I think that the safest attitude is to talk the less possible about
> diet, and if you do so, don't try to introduce speculative theories
> which would make you appear as mystic, or as a follower of a guru,
> a member of a sect...

But doesn't it bother you that you know of a way to make your (or
others') life better through a diet and yet are "forced" to keep your
mouth shut about it at the risk of being called a "weirdo?"

> Sure. Food is important, and often too neglected nowadays. However,
> man wouldn't be man if he hadn't saved time for art, science, literature...
> The main point is to put food at its exact value, and try to forget
> it when you take other activities.

What would art, science and literature be without a properly nourished
man?  Sure, some are born with good genes, but much of an average man's
productivity and creativity is a direct result of what he puts into his body.

The more time you spend thinking about what you eat, the more connected
you are with your body and mind and hence the better the two will work for
you.  I'll spend half of each of my day looking for quality foods that I
need, and the other half working like a horse so that I can afford to buy
them them if I have to; if this is the price I have to pay to stay
physically and mentally healthy then I sure as heck will pay it (and find
it a most reasonable deal too).  My personal view is that anyone who
claims that spending too much time being concerned about food, is simply
not "getting his money's worth" in terms of what he gets out of the foods
he eats.  The benefits of a quality diet, in a perfect balance with your
body's needs are simply far too great and, to me, are not something I
could say I don't have the time for or not enough money for.
And I just happen to believe (due to my personal situation perhaps) that
the time needed to nourish myself properly is quite substantial (so is
the money, mind you).  But you will never see me complain...  I am
enjoying this far too much.