RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 02:44:25 -0500
Mark:
>Here is  my personal history by way of introduction.

Mark , welcome back to the list.

>From that perspective,my life partner, Doris, and I chose to eat a vegan diet
> about 7 years ago.  Our diet is about 85% raw, more in the summer, less
in the winter, >and I've started to eat more organic, especially the green
leafy vegetables.

Did your health increase when you went vegan 7 years ago and how long has
your diet been a high percentage raw diet?

>I have never felt better; I weigh less than I ever did, even in high school,
>and even I college when I was on the water polo team. Of course I do other
>healthful things besides diet: I get some kind of high intensity aerobic
>exercise more than three times a week, I do a small amount of weight
>lifting, and I do a very small amount of meditating. I like the result: I
>can't remember being sick in the last 15+ years, even a cold. (When I've
>felt one coming on, I've taken some echinacea or goldenseal.)

Very inspiring indeed. Your discipline and dedication is admirable.

>I'm currently participating in a "Reversing the Aging Process" study.

You must have been following Gary Null's program for about six months now.
How many people are in the study? What supplements are you required to take
and how are they affecting you?

Best, Peter