RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Rothstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 23:34:34 -0400
I was wondering whether anyone would know where I could get a Phoenix
juicer. I've started on a diet that calls for daily juicing of green leafy
veggies. I have a Champion juicer which is (just) ok; I've heard some good
things about the Phoenix. Unfortunately they are no longer manufactured.

Here is  my personal history by way of introduction.

By training and work experience I am a physicist converted into computer
analyst. However, I am informally studying nutrition and alternative health
approaches to life. From that perspective,my life partner, Doris, and I
chose to eat a vegan diet about 7 years ago. One of my grown children and
Doris's daughter, over time, decided to do the same. Our diet is about 85%
raw, more in the summer, less in the winter, and I've started to eat more
organic, especially the green leafy vegetables.

I have never felt better; I weigh less than I ever did, even in high school,
and even I college when I was on the water polo team. Of course I do other
healthful things besides diet: I get some kind of high intensity aerobic
exercise more than three times a week, I do a small amount of weight
lifting, and I do a very small amount of meditating. I like the result: I
can't remember being sick in the last 15+ years, even a cold. (When I've
felt one coming on, I've taken some echinacea or goldenseal.)

I'm currently participating in a "Reversing the Aging Process" study. For
this phase, the protocol includes a large number of supplements and excludes
fried foods, sugar, wheat, yeast, chocolate, and caffeine and requires a
high clear-liquid (either purified water or fresh veg/fruit juice, or herbal
tea) intake. The protocol also calls for only very light eating in the
evening, mostly juicing. I find that when I keep to this part of the
protocol (and it's the hardest part for me) I need less sleep than I do
otherwise.

I try to follow some Natural Hygiene principles, such as food combining and
skin brushing.
Anyway, my resting heart rate is about 45-50 and my blood pressure is about
105/50.

Mark ([log in to unmask])
                        -- Life is Good --